Monday, November 12, 2007

Susan Lee: Moving


I am very happy when I imagine that I toured another country even for only one week; how much more excited I should feel if I were to live to anther part of my country. I have already realized that I am delighted have come to Canada from my own country. I have learned so many things and could have brilliant expectations in my future life. I believe that living in a variety of places has the pros and cons. However, I prefer to move in order to improve my life for three main reasons.

Firstly, It is a good idea to live in a better climate. Enjoying nature is good for mental health. Nature, says the proverb, is the best physician. I like feeling the turning of the season except winter; likewise, gardening in the spring, sunning myself at the beach in the summer, seeing the changing leaves in the fall please me. Making snowman is also my hobby after my children were born. Also, it helps me enjoy my favorite activities in each season like swimming and skiing. Also, I agree that air quality can affect people's health. Living in less polluted places is beneficial. In the very busy city, for example, air pollution in Seoul is very serious. People suffer from air pollution, and they often get sick because of the heavy smog that fills the air. After I came to Canada, I recognized that there are less traffic jams, and its air is clean - free from pollution. Automatically, it leads to less lung disease.

Secondly, it is important to live in comfortable and useful places. A community may be considered to be an extension of a family; also, I think a good neighbor is better than a sister far off. When I need a friend, I want to go to my neighbor who is an unceremonial friend; for instance, after finishing our basement, it was really bad but my neighbor helped with the clean up. Besides, she can take care of my children when I am late to pick them up. Also, facilities are one of an important thing for a better life. For instance, greenery creates a natural gathering space for neighbors and, ultimately, stronger bonds in the community. Good community must contain entertainment facilities as well, including a theater, a golf course, several miles of bicycle trails and park.

Thirdly, it is most important to experience learning opportunities in other places. First of all, I still like to go where the language and culture are different from what I am used to. Learning new language was going to be a whole new challenge when I started studying. I really like to feel that every language has slightly different nuances. Also, I love exploring the cultures and traditions of the whole world they are learning about. Especially, experiencing variety of food culture is very interesting. I believe that if people understand the culture of each other, they will be very close.

I think that my opinion would change if I were to move more often. However, I believe that moving would expose me to new climate, new places and new learning experiences. As time goes by, I will long to see all over the country; finally, I hope I wound be a globe-trotter.

No comments: