Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sepideh Shaverdi: Marriage between Religions

I remember that I once saw a touching movie a few years ago. The story was about a girl and a boy who fell in love; however, they had different faiths. Their parents had hearts of stone; therefore, they had no chance to get married .I had sympathy for them. Moreover, I thought that they would be the best couple in the world. Therefore, I would marry someone of a different faith because, I do believe in love. We would be very happy together. We would support our marriage by our true love and a lot of sacrifices.

Firstly, this kind of marriage is based on love. Love is a great thing, and it makes us happy. Love is the strong romantic feeling for someone, regardless of his background or religion. Love can explain every thing itself. Actually, we have to make sure that this love is our strongest love. If our love to our family, our culture, and our religion is stronger than it, we will not be able to deal with our problems.

Secondly, to make this marriage work; we have to keep an open mind to understand our spouse’s culture and respect it .I believe that all religions are the same in their main ideas. Their differences are in their details. As a result, we can share our similarities. Also, we have to respect our children’s right to choose their religion. Usually children follow their parents’ religion. In this marriage they would choose each of them. Therefore, I would let my children follow their father‘s religion. I would love him and love my children exactly the same way. It does not matter what religion they would have.

I n conclusion, if we want each other from our hearts, we can support our marriage. Also, we have to make a lot of sacrifices because of family values. Actually, I know some happy couples of different faith.
Good luck to those couples who make it work.

No comments: